Since your childhood to even during your adulthood, you must have been constantly nagged to drink at least 2 liters of water every day to keep yourselves hydrated. Drinking plenty of water is the first step to having amazingly good skin. Drinking less than the required amount of water can make the skin dehydrated, wrinkled and dry. There are a lot of benefits of drinking water and healthy skin is just one of them.
The foundation of a good skin care routine starts with drinking plenty of water. Drinking lots of water on a daily basis helps to eliminate all the harmful toxins from your body. Thus, it lessens the risk of internal and external microbial infections that affect the skin by causing pimples and acne. Water balances the amount of oil produced by the body. If you suffer from oily skin, then you must have a lot of large open pores which are more prone to clogging. When these pores get clogged, your skin starts breaking out. Try to drink more water and you will observe the beauty benefits of drinking water yourself. You will observe a younger look, healthier skin and glowing appearance along with fresh and plump skin.
The Correct Routine Of Drinking Water
Drinking water is essential but it is also important to know that there are proper methods of drinking water. There should be a right time, the minimum quantity and the correct temperature of water which you should drink. Let us understand the complete routine of drinking water.
- Drink 1-2 glasses of water after waking up. Drinking cold water right after waking up will rejuvenate your senses, freshen you and wake you up. However, drinking lukewarm or slightly hot water would help in weight loss, remove any toxins in your body and keep your skin acne-free. To increase the effectiveness of warm water, add a little fresh lemon juice to it.
- Drink water before and after an hour of your meal. It helps a lot in digestion and will also allow your body for better absorption of nutrients.
- Drink one glass of water 1 hour before going to bed so as to naturally cleanse and detox the body. Avoid drinking water right before sleeping as it can cause interrupted sleep due to a full bladder.
- Exercising can lead to a lot of sweating. Drink a glass of water before working out. This keeps you hydrated during your workout and also balances the fluid levels.
- You should go for a glass of water post workout. This will balance the hydration that you have lost while perspiring and sweating.
- When you are ill or sick, try to drink lots of water so as to flush out harmful toxins, infections or diseases. Drinking water will also help create a buffer in the stomach when taking strong medicines. Not doing so can lead to stomach ulcers or upset stomach.
Include this routine into your daily life and enjoy the benefits of drinking water. It should also be kept in mind that it is necessary to drink safe clean water. Contaminated water is a source of water-borne diseases and germs. Use filtered water for drinking purposes. You can make use of water purifiers, RO’s, or simple boiling method for cleaner water.
SKIN BENEFITS OF DRINKING WATER
- Remove Acne Scars
Acne is caused due to bacterial infection and oil clogging in the pores. Drinking water is very beneficial for treating acne scars. You should drink at least eight glasses of water a day to provide enough hydration to your body. It helps to boost new collagen growth and also promotes healthy skin. It is very essential that you drink lots of water every day so as to remove your acne scars as it not only heals them but also prevents them from happening further.
- Get Glowing Skin
Drinking enough water substantially enhances your skin quality, texture and luminosity as it aids in digestion and improves blood circulation. Thus, it provides a radiant look and a healthy glow. Hydrated skin cells will make your skin glow and look much younger while the lack of hydration will only make your skin look more dull and dry.
It will also keep wrinkles and pimples at bay. You can keep your skin hydrated not only by drinking water but also by preventing moisture loss externally. You can use moisturizers and body oils to keep your hydration locked. Drinking water is the most simple and cost-effective method to achieve glowing skin naturally.
- Skin Detoxification
Drinking lots of water helps to keep your skin detoxified and clear. Thus, it is very important that you have more than eight glasses of water every day.
Additionally, you can fuse water with any of the fruits and vegetables like mint, cucumber, lemon and ginger, orange, lemon, apple and cinnamon, watermelon, etc You can make as many combinations as you like. The flavoured water not only motivates you to drink more water but also helps further detoxification due to extra nutrients and health benefits of the infused fruits and vegetable. You will definitely notice a visibly clearer skin free of scars and pimples. It will also help you lose weight, improve the functioning of the digestive system, lift your mood and boost your immunity.
The flushed toxins and germs are released out in the form of urine which keeps the body healthy and the skin glowing. It is because of the moisturized and hydrated skin cells. It is believed that fat gets absorbed by the water and then released through the excretory system. You might have to take more than usual toilet breaks. Thus, one can say that drinking water helps you to get rid of all the skin ailments and problems.