Flawless All-day Skin Routine For Oily Skin
People with oily skin have to deal with a lot of skin issues. Oily skin harbours acne, pimples, greasiness and is a breeding ground for microbes. Only the ones who deal with it can truly understand the high amount of maintenance required for oily skin. Some of the problems faced by people with oily skin are:
- Keeping the face fresh and grease-free becomes a real struggle.
- One has to constantly wipe their face to remove the extra oil while hot humid summers make it even worse.
- One feels sweaty on the face very quickly.
- People with oily skin offer suffer from dullness.
- Applying cosmetics on the face becomes a nightmare.
- Blemishes and acne-marks become a common sight.
Here we present to you a complete guide to flawless all-day skin routine specially designed for oily skin.
The first step in the morning for oily skin is to deep cleanse your skin. Deep cleansers, especially meant for oily skin, remove all type of dirt, extra oils and other radicals that may have crept into your skin at night. Begin your morning with cleansing your face to get a fresh and clean look as well as to prep the skin for other skincare products.
Exfoliation removes all the dead skin, whiteheads and blackheads as well as unclogs the skin pores. It is especially important as oily skin is more prone to huge open pores which clog up easily. Dermatologists recommend that people with oily skin should exfoliate at least two to three times a week.
- Moisturize The Lips
In the process of taking care of your face, don’t forget to take care of the most sensitive skin i.e. the lips. In our skin care regime, one tends to ignore the lip care. The lips need to be regularly hydrated. Thus, it is very important that you use the right lip balm for you. Till the time you finish your skin care routine, your lips will be moisturized and prepped enough to put on any lip product.
Toning is a basic form of skincare for every skin. Toning helps give a fresher look to the skin as well as shrinks the appearance of the pores. Hence, it becomes even more important for oily skin as, as mentioned earlier, it is more prone to the problem of open pores.
Serums are applied to target specific skin problems. They are meant to be applied only if you feel that there is some skin problem such as fine lines, blemishes, dark spots, acne marks, etc. Reverse your ageing process with a serum recommended by your dermatologist. As far as oily skin is concerned, there are special oil-control serums available as well.
One mistake done by most people with oily skin is that they skip moisturizers entirely. Excessive drying of the skin with oil-control products dehydrates the skin. This causes the body’s reactive mechanism to produce more sebum to compensate for the moisture loss. Hence, it is important to use a light gel-based moisturizer. Do not go for a very heavy one as it may make your skin look oilier and greasier.
The last step of the routine is to apply a gel-based sunscreen on your face to protect yourselves from the harmful ultra-violet rays of the Sun. Use a sunscreen that has an SPF 25 at least. The rest depends upon the amount of time you spend in the Sun. SPF means the Sun Protection Factor. A higher SPF is required if you tend to be in the Sun a lot.
- Cosmetic Products
If you apply any type of cosmetic product, make sure you chose the one’s that are apt for your skin type and which do not clog your pores. Also, prefer to use powder products instead of cream-based products for lasting make-up.
After all the dirt and dust you have to go through during the entire day, it is very essential that you get rid of it again. Thus, before going to bed it is important that you cleanse your skin again.
Toner restores the pH balance of the skin and has a calming effect which soothes the inflammation and irritation.
- Sheet masks
Sheet masks are a kind of face masks that are soaked in light serums. They can do wonders for your skin by nourishing, hydrating and healing the skin.
- Applying lip balm
End your day with a heavy dose of lip scrub followed by lip balm to keep your lips soft and supple.
What do the dermatologists say?
Dermatologists say that having oily skin is not too bad if handled carefully. People with oily skin preserves the thickness and elasticity of the skin and delays signs of ageing like wrinkles. Some of the tips and tricks for combating oily skin which are recommended by dermatologists are given below.
- Wash your face every morning, evening and after doing a heavy workout. Do not scrub your skin a lot.
- Decrease the intake of oil in the food.
- Choose the best products for your skin and do select those that are oil-free in nature.
- The face washes and creams that you use should also be gentle and mild and not too harsh on the skin.
- Do not avoid moisturizers. They are very important to prevent overproduction of sebum in the skin.
- If you are a makeup person, then it is important that you choose only oil-free makeup products.
- Do not apply dirty hands and fingers on your face again and again. This may cause the growth of bacteria and germs on your face which may cause breakouts that can prove to be very bad for your skin.
- Keep wiping your face with blotting papers or wet wipes to remove all the extra oil from your face.
The dermatologists also suggest following a proper skincare routine which will help thoroughly clean your pores. Hence, following the above-given skin care routine would be sufficient for you.